USHCN GHCN sites
We have a growing online database of
USHCN, GHCN, and GISS station site surveys on our high speed
database server located at:
How to find a USHCN station
- Locate the station from the USHCN master list,
click to open
to see if the site has been surveyed yet. They are sorted by
state and city. Locate ones near you. Additional information
on location and equipment is now listed as of 8/25/07
- Open the
NOAA MMS Station locator to get better latitude/longitude
coordinates, press "Guest Login" button and then type station
name in the search box.
- Locate the station in the list, note detailed latitude
and longitude info which you can put into Google Earth or
similar mapping program to help locate the station.
- Click on the Name of the station, it will pop up a new
window. Note below the "Begin Date" there is a
highlighted link with the actual dates, click the date to open
- Look for "Managing Parties" in the MMS results (you
may have to scroll down) and that will tell you the name of
the observer, be it a private residence, government entity, or
- Click the "Location" tab in the MMS to get additional
- Click the "Equipment" Tab int he MMS to see what ype
of equipment you may be looking for.
- Do additional Google searches as needed for the
name, city, state and you may locate a telephone number.
- Download our "How to Guide" and
station Survey form
and begin the station survey per those instructions
Info on locating GHCN sites will be listed soon.